What are you doing? How about: “Working at Napchill!”
We’re looking for bright minds to help us work on the ongoing challenge of creating a compelling experience while accommodating rapid growth.
Interested? Please email us at jobs at napchill dot com.
Do you like to write code that works elegantly and efficiently, then push it out to thousands of customers the same day it's finished? Do you enjoy thinking carefully about system design and then sitting down to write a river of code which passes its own tests the first time through? Do you want to help build a fast, reliable, complex messaging application that bridges the Internet and cell phones? If so, we're looking people with these skills...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of real-world software development experience.
- Excellent and influential communication skills with engineers and non-engineers.
- Extensive experience programming in both scripting and application-specific languages.
- Deep familiarity with Unix environments, HTTP, TCP/IP.
- Experience with Jabber, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL a plus.
- Experience practicing agile development methodologies.
- Open source community participation is highly respected.
- Strong interest in Napchill and developing a world class Internet utility.
- Focus on consistent availability and reliability (self and systems).
- Excellent and influential communication skills (team, vendors, community).
- Experience with: Linux, OS X, Solaris, HTTPD (Apache, lighttpd, nginx), mongrel, tomcat, MySQL, pgsql, storage systems (NFS, NAS, SAN), load balancing systems (hardware, software, dns), automated system tools (cfengine).
- Experience maintaining: large number of servers, multi-tiered environments, monitoring and notification tools.
- Experience executing: well planned and tested solutions to complex problems, goal oriented workdays with multiple context changes and interruption.
- Must have: excellent triage skills, mild manner, rockstar inside (ready to rise to any occasion), strong interest in Napchill.